Certificate of Deposits (CDs)Investors who are searching for relatively low-risk investments that can be easily converted into cash often invest in certificates of deposits (CDs). CDs typically pay higher interest than regular savings accounts.
Colorado Business Bank offers a variety of convenient terms with competitive rates.
- Minimum deposit of $1,000
- Terms from seven days to 60 months
- Early withdrawal penalties do apply should the CD be redeemed prior to maturity
CDARS®, or the Certificate of Deposit Account Registry Service®, is the easiest, most convenient way to enjoy full FDIC insurance on deposit amounts larger than $250,000. In fact, by providing access to millions in FDIC insurance through CDARS, Colorado Business Bank can simplify your life and improve your financial performance. For many, CDARS can be an invaluable cash management or longer-term investment tool.
With CDARS, your large deposit is broken into smaller amounts and placed with other banks that are members of a special network. Those member banks issue CDs in amounts under $250,000, so your entire investment is eligible for FDIC insurance.
- CD-level rates: Your money earns CD-level returns. Rates may compare favorably with other investment alternatives, including Treasuries, corporate sweep accounts and money market mutual funds.
- Safety: Your money can receive millions of dollars in FDIC insurance coverage.
- Convenience: You work directly with us (and your account information is protected). You receive one combined statement that shows all of your CD investments.
- One-stop shopping: By working through us, you won't have to run around town to open multiple accounts at different banks, manage several interest rates, and manually consolidate multiple statements on a monthly basis.