CoBiz Public Finance (CPF) is a wholly owned subsidiary of CoBiz Bank and specializes in providing financing solutions to the public sector. CPF offers financing of new money acquisitions, including construction, along with refinancing of existing debt for savings or restructuring purposes. Our team of seasoned professionals have comprehensive experience on a multitude of tax-exempt structures and deep familiarity with a diverse universe of credit. Together with our financing team, CPF can craft customized solutions in accordance with your objectives and state laws.
CPF provides funding through direct negotiation and continued relationships with issuer clients in the form of tax-exempt loans. In general, CPF loans are maintained for our own account, are not publicly issued or publicly traded, do not require a rating from a credit rating agency, do not require registration with the Securities and Exchange Commission, and do not require many of the disclosure requirements found in public offerings. CPF will finance up to $20 million in par value with comparable structural terms to publically offered bond transactions.
- Counties, cities, and towns
- Public school districts and higher education
- Charter schools, charter school management organizations and developers
- Public utility systems
- Special purpose and taxing districts
- Public healthcare and senior living
- Transportation related clients
- Not-for-profit organizations
Types of Credits
- Property tax: limited and unlimited general obligation bonds
- Specialty tax: sales, excise, hotel/motel, gas, increment and assessment revenue
- Enterprise revenue bonds: utility, tolls, charter school, independent schools, healthcare and senior living
- LeaseRevenue:lease-purchase agreement, certificates of participation, and abatement leases
CPF takes a consultative approach to each relationship. Our robust understanding of public finance markets and municipal finance allows for tailored solutions to each unique situation. By leveraging our expertise in structuring, credit enhancement and deal facilitation, CPF is able to benefit clients with a streamlined approach to credit underwriting, flexible terms and low cost of capital.